Thursday, July 26, 2012

Please God or Pleasing Self (Last -Part 5)

Today we are going to wrap up this study. Simply put, God wants to be #1 in your life. He will not settle for anything other then that. Exodus 20 say  "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." The problem with making men your priority is that they becomes gods in your life. Exodus 34:14 says "For thou shalt worship no other gods" and in Matthew 10:37-39 it talks about putting God even before your own family. "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." God is serious about being the most important one in your life.

 

What if you have made these lustly desires more important?

Confess and forsake. David, after committing his sin with Bathsheba writes a beautiful psalm. If you have crossed the boundaries, whether physically or emotionally. Cry out this psalm to the Lord. Here is part of it. Psalms 51"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.  Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest....Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit."


What can you do right now?

Be the daughter of the King, the best you know how to be and if you don't know how, get into God's Word. He will tell you how to act and what to do.
Ask God to prepare you right now, to mold you and make you the wife that your husband is going to need for his ministry in life. Focus on being that woman right now.
Write to your future husband (Journal). Tell him about your life, your passion and desires. Tell him that you are waiting for him. Pray for him everyday and record this all. One day, after you are married you can give him the book so that he can read your journey to Him.


Just Think...

If God, who created this beautiful and amazing world, personally created and made us, do you not think that he knows best who we should be with? Why waste your time and energy and emotions. Let God bring him to you.

Pursue after God, make Him #1 in your life and let him gift you the best man for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment